The New Mentality is hiring a summer student! of the job posting by
Download the PDF by clicking here : 2016 Summer Intern, or read on for more information.
Job Posting: Summer Intern
Hourly Wage Rate: $11.25/hour
Start Date: June 13, 2016
End Date: August 12, 2014
Number of Hours per Week: 30
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Apply for this job if you’re a student between the ages of 15-30 who just finished one year of school and preparing for another year (this is a requirement of the funding for this position). The ideal candidate is interested and/or experienced in youth work, has great graphic design skills, and loves community mobilization and facilitating groups.
Because this role is within Children’s Mental Health Ontario’s New Mentality Program, you are excited to learn more about and contribute to strengthening mental health services for youth across Ontario.
Perhaps you know first-hand how to recover from a mental health problem like depression and that makes you passionate about this cause. Perhaps you are a visible minority or a person living with a disability and it is from this perspective that you have a passion for empowering youth to make a positive difference in their communities. All of this passion and interest is equally combined with an ability to organize and follow step-by-step plans towards your goal.
The Summer Intern will work with the New Mentality team out of our Toronto office to help us convene two of our signature Disable the Label retreats, which bring together over 50 youth, staff and allies for four days in July. These events, held at the YMCA Geneva Park in Orillia, will bring together leaders from across Ontario who are making a difference in the lives of children and youth with mental illness. The Intern will support the designing, planning, delivery and reporting of the events. Specifically:
- Promote training on website and social media
- Design on-site training materials, including agenda, program, and resources
- Provide on-site support to facilitation team, with opportunities to lead workshop sessions
- Coordinate digital media during event, including live tweeting, facebook posts, and photography
- Take notes during workshops and compile other workshop session materials
- Develop written report post-event, compile photos and artwork, develop online resources
- Other related tasks as required
- Fluency in Microsoft Office, WordPress, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong writing skills and experience with various types of writing
- Ability to connect with people quickly – an excellent listener
- Ability to synthesize information and communicate messages in a creative and engaging manner
- Social media enthusiast and expert, skilled at making creative use of different channels
To apply, send a resume, cover letter, and a sample of something you have designed to Mary-Anne Leahy, Network Coordinator, The New Mentality: email@example.com.
Application deadline: Noon, June 6, 2016.
Interviews will take place June 8-10.
The New Mentality is committed to equity in our policies, practices, and programs. We strongly encourage and welcome applications from people who identify as Indigenous (Métis, First Nation, Inuit, on/off reserve), a person of colour, LGTBQQ2, living with a disability, or a religious minority.